||Please join the Long Island Chapter at their 12th Annual Scholarship Golf Fundraiser being held at the Southward Ho Country Club on Monday, September 30, 2013. Proceeds from this event will benefit local student scholarships and the Villanova Athletic Fund.
Attire for dinner is golf casual.
Only 1 foursome slot remains open. Register now before we sell out!
10:30 am - Registration/Breakfast
12:30 pm - Shotgun Start
5:00 pm - Cocktails
6:00 pm - Dinner
6:30 pm - Remarks
Guest Speaker Harold Jensen '87, member of
the 1985 National Championship basketball team
Games on Course:
5 Games on Course including: Longest Drive, Closest to the Pin, Chances to Win $10,000 Cash, a 2013 Buick Encore, and a Boston Whaler boat!
Individual Golfer: $400 (includes breakfast, BBQ lunch, cocktails & dinner)
Foursome: $1,600 (includes breakfast, BBQ lunch, cocktails, dinner and 8 raffle tickets)
Individual Young Alumni Golfer: $350 (30 years and younger)
Young Alumni Foursome: $1400
Hole Sponsors: $1000
Each Hole Sponsor will benefit a particular varsity sport through the Villanova Athletic Fund.
The following teams have been generously sponsored by:
Men's Baseball - Frank Boulton '73
Men's Basketball - Chuck Everson '86 & Harry Singh/Bolla Market
Women's Basketball - Tom Thorton P'95/McGillicuddy's
Women's Volleyball - Doug Chapey P'16
Men's Soccer - LandTek/Marty Lyons
Women's Soccer - Kevin Morano '88
Men's & Women's Track & Field - Seth Waugh, in memory of Cummin Clancy '53
Men's Football - Lon Record/Hammer Strength
Women's Softball - Laura Savino Onghena '94 & Peter Onghena '94
Women's Lacrosse - Whitney '07 & Morgan '11 Boulton
Men's Lacrosse - Jim Carey '81/Wildcat Trading LLC
Men's & Women's Tennis - Jim Riley P'02, '04, '07, '11
Putting Green - $500 - SOLD - Generously sponsored by Ed Leitch and Maura Leitch '01 in memory of Hugh Leitch '62
Driving Range: $500 - SOLD - Generously sponsored by William' 71 & Barbara Savino '72
Halfway House & BBQ Lunch - SOLD - Generously sponsored by Alexander Kramer '88
Breakfast Sponsor - $500 - SOLD - Generously sponsored by the LI Ducks Baseball/Frank Boulton '73 & Seth Waugh
Dinner Sponsor - $1000 - SOLD - Generously sponsored by LandTek/Marty Lyons
If you would like to pay by check, have questions regarding registration or sponsorships, please contact Jason Donnelly, Director of Athletics Development, at 610-519-4142 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bid on great athletic items before the live auction and support the Long Island Chapter Scholarship and Villanova Athletic Fund. Bids must be in increments of $100.00.
To place a bid, click here to email your bid on one of the following items:
1. Watch the Long Island Ducks from a Skybox at Bethpage Federal Credit Union Ballpark in Central Islip, N.Y. The package includes 20 tickets to a game of your choice in the 2014 season. You will also get your name on the scoreboard and a 1st pitch opportunity. Plus Bud Harrelson will stop by your Skybox for a private autograph session. Donated by Frank Boulton ’73 and Bud Harrelson. (minimum bid $400) Current bid is: $400 by SteveD.
2. Two VIP Field Champion seats to Old Timers Day at Yankee Stadium 2014 season. Donated by Legends and Dan Smith. Plus autographed Curtis Granderson baseball. Donated by Legends and the New York Yankees. Current bid is: $500 by Wildcat 1.
3. Two VIP Field Champion seats to mutually agreeable Yankee game in 2014 season. Plus autographed Ichiro Suzuki baseball. Donated by Legends and the New York Yankees. Current bid is: $600 by RSD1.
4. Four Skybox tickets to the “Battle of the Blue.” Catch the Villanova Wildcats take on the Delaware Blue Hens Saturday November 23 from the comfort of Father Peter’s skybox at PPL Park. This package includes four tickets, food and beverage. Donated by Father Peter Donohue, Villanova University President. (minimum bid $400). Current bid is: $400 by SteveD.
5. Cheer on the New York Knicks from four lower level seats plus a pregame court experience to walk on court and meet a N.Y. Knicks legend. Also included an autographed Carmelo Anthony N.Y. Knicks jersey. Donated by the New York Knicks and Madison Square Garden. Current bid is: $1,000 by AJ.
6. Four tickets to a Villanova Basketball game of your choice at the Wells Fargo Center. Package includes a team signed Villanova Basketball. Donated by Villanova University. Current bid is: $500 by RSD1.
7. New York Jets package includes four club seats for the December 22, 2013 game vs. the Cleveland Browns at 1pm. Package includes 4 field passes, 1 parking pass and one official Jets football signed by Quarterback Gino Smith. Donated by N.Y. Jets and Bob Parente '77. Current bid is: $800 by RSD1.
8. Framed Kerry Kittles signed Villanova Jersey. Donated by Villanova University and Kerry Kittles '96. (minimum bid $350). Current bid is: $500 by CS89.
9. Two courtside tickets to a Pavilion game for the 2013-2014 basketball game plus join Father Peter’s pre-game reception. Donated by Villanova University and Father Peter. Current bid is: $700 by SteveD.
10. Let’s Go Giants - Four Lexus club seats and parking pass to New York Giants. Current bid is: $700 by RSD1.
11. Play Baltusrol one of the country’s premier golf clubs. Baltusrol has hosted 16 national championships, including seven U.S. Opens and one PGA Championship. The 98th PGA championship is set to return in 2016. Package is for a threesome and includes lunch and dinner at Baltusrol. Donated by Kevin Morano '88. Current Bid is: $1,100.00 by DJM.
12. Play Sebonack one of Golfweek's Best Modern Courses having hosted the 2013 LPGA US Open. Situated on 300 acres in Southampton, NY and neighboring the historic National Golf Links of America and Shinnecock Hills Course. Package is for a threesome at Sebonack. Donated by Jim Carey '81. Current Bid is: $1,100 by OMT.
Pre-event bidding will close at 12:00pm on Thursday, September 26th.
If an item receives two bids for the same amount, priority will be given to the bid received first.
If you are the highest bidder at the conclusion of pre-event bidding, a Villanova staff member will contact you to confirm your bid and form of payment prior to the live auction on Monday, September 30th. Villanova staff and outing volunteers will submit your bid during the live auction during the evening on Monday, September 30th.
If you are still the highest bidder after the live auction, a Villanova staff member will contact you within a day of the outing to process payment and make arrangements to get the item to you.
If you have questions about the Long Island Alumni Chapter, please contact Chapter President Mike Judge at 516-410-6653 or at email@example.com.